Friday 19 September 2014

Hey...

Hi there! If there is anyone out there actually reading this. For some strange reason, while writing this 'momentous' first post, a mini film of Neil Armstrong's moon landing keeps playing in my mind. I suppose I can strangely see the parallels that my weirdly wired mind may have drawn. Him landing on the moon having a wander around the unknown singing ''hippety hoppety''could in some distant way be reminiscent of me starting this blog, humming said tune and similarly having a wander round the unfamiliar 'blog world'. Though clearly that's where the so called similarities end. While Armstrong's moon landing marked a momentous scientific achievement for mankind as a whole and inevitably changed the course of history; the start of this blog however, is likely to largely go unnoticed. As for it changing the course of history, well hey, a girl can dream can't she? ( insert taking over the world daydream)

Talking of dreaming, as the title of this blog suggests I have a habit of drifting off into daydreams (kind of like J.D. from Scrubs who is beyond awesome except I just end up looking like a real weirdo). Inevitably this leads to some hilarious and downright awkward situations which I'll be sure to write about. As for the purpose or theme of this blog, I honestly have no idea. For now I guess it's to chronicle my life and just any random musings I may have. 

I guess I'm supposed to say a bit about myself now. Well apart from the daydreaming thing, I am admittedly a stationery and book addict. There's just something about a new pack of pens or a new notebook that fills me up with a ridiculous amount of joy. Don't even get me started on the smell of new books. But that's for another time. As it stands, I've just started a degree in biomedical science so I guess I can call myself a biomed student now. I'm an awful dancer and I'm still scared of the dark and dementors, amongst other things despite being 'an adult' now. Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Follow this blog, if that's how this works (I've yet to fully master this whole thing) or just stick around and have a read. I'll probably be cringing about this whole post later but hey ho, it is what it is. 

  Cheerio :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Day